Tea Drop: Yerba Mate
Yerba Mate Tea Drops at New Canaan Olive Oil
About Tea Drops:
Handcrafted in small batches, a tea drop is a portable shaped tea that can be enjoyed any time, any place with just hot water. Each drop is a blissful tea blend comprised of finely sourced tea, organic sugar and aromatic spices that one simply adds to a cup of hot water. No special tools, no steeping time, no tea expertise necessary.
Yerba Mate Tea Drop Description:
Yerba Mate is the plant from a tree that originates from South America. Steeping its leaves and stems creates a beverage of the same name that boasts a number of health benefits: promoting enhanced metabolism and is a natural source of caffeine that is sure to power you through your day. With a taste reminscent of green tea, our Yerba Mate Tea Drops are crafted from organic raw yerba mate (air dried, not smoked) and raw coconut sugar, making for a lightly sweet treat that is also a natural source of caffeine.
This Tea Drop boasts a light yet earthy taste reminiscent of green tea that combined with the creaminess of coconut palm sugar create a mild taste yet energizing beverage that can be enjoyed hot or cold.
Here are some of our favorite benefits of Yerba Mate:
1. Antioxidant Rich: Yerba mate possesses 90% more antioxidants than green tea! Antioxidants are praised for doing everything from detoxifying the blood, to reducing signs of aging, and even is said to play a part in the prevention of many types of cancer.
2. Natural Energy Boost: Yerba Mate contains 24 minerals and vitamins as well as 15 amino acids all which help balance the caffeine content in the tea. Drinkers cite increased mental energy and focus without any of the downsides of consuming caffeine. So, if you're looking for a headache- and jitter-free way to power yourself through your day, this is it!
3. Metabolism Booster: Yerba mate is a metabolism-booster because it helps your body process carbohydrates more effectively. What this means for you is added energy as your body harnesses the nutrients from food more efficiently. Adding yerba mate to your diet also encourages your body to burn calories in your fat stores.
4. Endurance Enhancing: This tea is great for those pursuing an active lifestyle because it helps inspire endurance: Regular yerba mate consumption helps prevent lactic acid from building up in your muscles. This will help reduce soreness and help you recuperate from a workout faster.
5. Digestion Aid: Yerba mate aids digestion as it encourages production of bile and other gastric acids as well as keeps stomach bacteria responsible for bad breath at bay. It also helps keep the colon clean--it's a total body conditioner!
6. Healthy Appetite Control: The stimulant qualities of this tea also trigger your brain to make you feel fuller sooner and routine consumption can boost metabolism, two ways to help with weight management.
For those with a delicate palette, yerba mate contains less tannins than tea making it a great choice for those who love milder tea varieties.