How to make flavor infused liquor with olive oil:
1. Choose your clear liquor (gin, vodka, tequila, rum)
2. Choose your olive oil (any extra virgin olive oil or something flavored i.e. Lime, Blood Orange, Bacon, Jalapeno)
3. Mix 16 oz. of the liquor with 3 oz. of the olive oil in a sealable glass container. Shake vigorously until the liquids are well combined.
4. Put the container in the freezer until the oil has separated and completely hardens. (It will float to the top of the container and look like butter.)
5. Poke a hole in the oil, or carefully remove all of the hardened oil from the container. Pour the liquor into a fresh container, through a strainer.
6. Enjoy! Your liquor will have picked up the flavor from the oil and can be used in a variety of cocktails. Here are some of our favorite flavors and cocktails:
-Blood Orange Olive Oil in gin: use in gin & tonics or martinis
-Bacon Olive Oil in vodka: great for bloody mary's
-Lime Olive Oil in Mezcal: makes a great margarita