Our flavored olive oil is the secret ingredient in this simple side dish because you can easily change up the flavor depending on what you're in the mood for (or what you have in your pantry!). We like baby Yukon Gold potatoes in this dish because they're simple to clean and prepare, but you can use any potato you like.
- 4-5 cups potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces (peel if desired)
- 3-4 tbsp. flavored olive oil (suggestions below)
- Fleur de Sel Sea Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs (like parsley, chive, or thyme) to garnish
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, toss potatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Take a large piece of tin foil, crumple into a loose ball, then straighten out and put on a sheet tray (the crumpled surface of the foil will keep the potatoes from sticking while roasting!). Pour the potatoes onto the foil on the sheet tray and put on the top rack of the oven. Cook for about 20 minutes, turning the potatoes halfway, until the sides are brown and crisp, and the potatoes are fork tender. Garnish with herbs if desired. Serve immediately.
Olive Oil Suggestions:
- Garlic Mushroom Olive Oil: to add extra earthiness and flavor.
- Bacon Olive Oil: to add smokiness and depth.
- Herbs de Provence Olive Oil: to add great herb flavor.