Carrot Cake Donuts
Note: you will need a donut pan to make this recipe! I used this one and it worked great! This is a great addition for Easter Brunch.
Ingredients for the donuts:
- 1 box Carrot cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- ¼ cup Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
Ingredients for the glaze:
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp. Blackberry Ginger Balsamic
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Rub coconut oil on the donut pan (or use a cooking spray) and coat lightly with flour
- Follow the Carrot Cake mix directions, replacing the vegetable oil with 1/4 cup of the Meyer Lemon Olive Oil instead
- Put batter in a large piping bag and fill each donut cup ½ way. Tap pan on the counter to settle the batter. Do not over fill the donut cups or it will rise over the center and look more like a muffin
- Bake according to the cake mix directions, about 25 minutes.
- When they are done, let donuts cool for 3 minutes then remove from the pan and let cool completely.
- For the icing: make sure the cream cheese and butter are soft to the touch. They can be warmed slightly in the microwave if necessary. Blend together the cream cheese, butter and vanilla then slowly mix in the sugar.
- Add in the balsamic one tablespoon at a time until everything is well mixed together.
- Once the donuts are completely cooled, dip the top of the cooled donuts into the glaze and place them on a wire rack to dry.