Mushroom Gruyere Pizza with Black Truffle Oil Recipe by New Canaan Olive Oil
- 1 lb pizza dough, room temperature
- 3/4 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 lb of assorted mushrooms, thin sliced
- 1 shallot, thin sliced
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp Black Truffle oil
- Heat oven to 425 degrees
- Roll out the dough to desired size to fit your baking sheet or pizza stone
- Bake the dough for about 6-8 minutes
- While the dough bakes, heat a pan to high heat. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil, garlic, and shallot and sauté for about 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms and continue to cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the pizza dough from the oven. Brush 1 tbsp of Black Truffle oil on the dough, then evenly spread the cheeses and the cooked mushroom, garlic and shallot. Drizzle the rest of the Black Truffle oil over the top of the pizza.
- Bake the pizza for about 15 minutes or until the crust is turning a golden brown. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt (try our White Truffle Salt for extra flavor) before serving.