Meyer Lemon Olive Oil Pound Cake by New Canaan Olive Oil
I love baking with olive oil! It will make your cakes, breads and brownies light and moist and adds a great flavor! This is a nice light cake that can be served with our Balsamic Fruit Salad and whipped cream, or try our Balsamic Dessert Glaze (see recipe at bottom of page).
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup non-fat or low-fat sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Generously spray a Bundt pan with cooking spray or coat with butter or coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a handheld mixer until light and slightly increased in volume. Add the sugar slowly; the mixture will become light and fluffy. Add the olive oil, lemon zest, and vanilla extract and beat another 2 minutes. Slowly add the dry ingredients and the sour cream, continue to beat until well mixed.
- Transfer the batter to the pan and bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Then invert the pan to remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
For a Glaze:
To make a Balsamic Dessert Glaze for the cake, take 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and mix in your favorite balsamic until you reach your desired consistency. Try the Lemon, Honey, Grapefruit or Strawberry Balsamics. Drizzle it over cakes, fruit or mix into yogurt.