This sweet and earthy sauce can be used with any protein. We recommend pork, tofu, or chicken.
- 2 pork tenderloins
- New Canaan Olive Oil of your choice
- 2 cups of chicken stock (plus extra if desired to thin sauce)
- 1/8 tsp dry mustard
- salt and pepper to taste (we recommend Mesquite or Chipotle salt)
- 1/8 cup Maple Balsamic
- Maple Syrup (optional, add 1 tsp at a time to Maple Balsamic for extra Maple flavor)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 4 tbsp cornstarch to thicken
Preheat oven to 350º. Pan sear pork in your choice of New Canaan Olive Oil until brown on all sides. Put pork in oven (in oven safe dish) to finish cooking (about as long as it takes to make the sauce).
Deglaze pan with 2 cups chicken stock. Add the dry mustard, salt and pepper, and Maple Balsamic. Taste sauce, and add maple syrup if desired. In a jar, mix equal parts cold chicken stock and corn starch and shake until combined. Pour cornstarch mixture into pan and add pecans. Take pork out of oven and let rest for a few minutes and then top with the maple sauce. For best results serve with a tricolored rice (white, brown, and wild).