This fall salad is a great side but is hearty enough to stand alone as the main dish! It also tastes great topped with a poached egg or grilled chicken.
- 3 cups of kale, rib removed & leaves chopped
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced walnuts (optional)
Ingredients for Autumn Vinaigrette:
Cook quinoa according to package directions. Mix all salad items together in a bowl. Mix vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl and whisk (or cover and shake) to combine. Pour vinaigrette over salad enough to coat, but do not overdress. Make sure the kale is coated well and let stand for a few minutes before serving. Store unused vinaigrette in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.