Our Chocolate Olive Oil is a great way to add rich chocolate flavor without overwhelming sweetness. Plus baking with olive oil is a healthy alternative to using refined cooking oils.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (we like using Himalayan Sea Salt - fine grain)
- 1/8 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar (can sub brown sugar or granulated sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup NCOO's Chocolate Olive Oil + extra for greasing muffin pan
- 4 medium bananas, or 3 large, mashed
- 1 tbsp. Whipped Honey with Cinnamon (can sub 1 tsp ground cinnamon + 1 tbsp. honey)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin pan with olive oil or use paper liners.
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, sea salt and nutmeg. In a separate bowl, combine egg and sugar until well combined. Whisk in all other ingredients (excluding the chocolate chips). Slowly fold the wet mix into the flour mix until just combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips. Pour batter in muffin tins and bake until done in the center and browned on top.