A fresh basil pesto can be used to top spaghetti, zucchini noodles, or grilled chicken. This pesto recipe is perfect with our traditional extra virgin olive oils, but can easily be changed up by using a flavored olive oil. See recipe for our suggestions.
- 1 package Garlic & Basil Spaghetti (or pasta or "noodled" veggie of your choice)
- 4 tbsp. pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 4 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 - 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or try Meyer Lemon Olive Oil, Basil Olive Oil, or Garlic Olive Oil for extra flavor). For a thicker pesto, use 1/2 cup of olive oil. Add additional olive oil for a thinner consistency.
- Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Lemon
- Parmesan Cheese (Optional. Can omit for dairy-free version or if you plan to freeze pesto. Can also be sprinkled on pasta after combined with pesto for individuals that want cheese).
Cook Garlic & Basil Spaghetti according to package directions. While the pasta is cooking, combine pine nuts, basil, garlic, olive oil, and the juice of 1/2 lemon in a food processor or a bowl (if using a hand blender). Blend until smooth and well combined. At this point, if you want a thinner pesto (to top pasta) add more olive oil until desired consistency is reached. Once the consistency is reached, add salt to taste or Parmesan Cheese if desired (cheese is optional, see note above). Drain pasta and coat with pesto. Serve immediately.