- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan sea salt, fine grain
- 1 large avocado
- 1 cup ricotta, well drained
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup Chocolate Infused Olive Oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3.5 oz. dark chocolate chunks
- coconut oil (or butter) for greasing the cake pan
Heat your oven to 350 F. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan with coconut oil.
Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, blend the ricotta and the flesh of the avocado on medium speed until smooth. Then add the butter, sugar, olive oil, vanilla and eggs and beat for 3-4 minutes. With the blender on low, mix in the flour until just combined then stir in the chocolate chunks.
Pour the batter in the pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes before removing it from the pan to cool completely.
Drizzle some of your favorite flavored balsamic over this cake before serving- delish!