- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 3 tablespoons Porcini Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon fennel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chopped granny smith apples (about 2 apples peeled and cored)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 6 cups cubed rustic day old bread
- 1 - 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces brie cheese rind removed, diced (try our D'Affinois!)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Brown sausage in a large pan over medium heat. Remove. Strain excess grease. Set sausage aside.
In the same pan that you browned the sausage in, add the olive oil. Stir in fennel, nutmeg, salt, apples and onions. Cook until apples and onions have softened. About 5 minutes.
Stir in bread and sausage. Toss to coat bread completely in the oil. Pour in 1 cup of broth. Mix well. Pour in more broth if a softer stuffing is desired. Stir in diced brie.
Transfer stuffing into preheated baking dish. Bake in oven for 35 - 40 minutes. Or until bread is browned and cheese is melted. Serve hot.