This is a great end-of-summer Labor Day grilling recipe!
- Black Mission Figs (about 3 per person) cut if half from stem to bottom
- 1/4 cup Whipped Honey: Lavender
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Vanilla Ice Cream (or substitute with creme fraiche)
- Preheat grill to medium-high
- Brush the grill and the cut side of the figs with olive oil
- Place the figs cut side down, close grill and allow to cook for 2 minutes
- Turn the figs (so the cut side doesn't burn) and allow to cook for 1 more minute (The figs should be soft all the way through)
- Remove the figs from the grill, arrange 6 pieces on a plate with a scoop of ice cream in the middle
- Spread lavender honey on each fig while they are still warm, serve and enjoy!