Balsamic Blueberry Grilled Cheese Recipe by New Canaan Olive Oil
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- Your favorite cheese*
- Fresh Spinach
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 tbsp 25 Star Balsamic
- 1 1/2 tbsp Vanilla Bean Sugar
*Stop in to our shop for one of our artisan cheese. We love the Maxx 365 Alpine Style cheese for this or our Boucheron Goat Cheese
- In a small saucepan, combine bluberries, balsamic and sugar. Heat over medium heat, stirring to crush some of the fruit.
- After boiling 5 minutes, strain mixture and separate syrup from berries. Save syrup for cocktails or pancakes!
- Spread berries onto bread, top with cheese, spinach, then more cheese and the 2nd slice of bread
- Toast in a buttered pan on both sides until cheese is melted.